The HALO VENT is an adhesive, vented seal for treating penetrating chest injuries, trusted and preferred by military experts who depend on its resiliency to save lives. The dressing acts like a supportive Band-Aid, clinging to the contours of a victim's body even when moisture, dirt, blood or other residue is present.
Studies have shown that penetrating chest wounds should be treated with vented seals that reduce air pressure on the chest cavity, thus removing the threat of lung collapse. The HALO VENT works by preventing a valve from forming in the chest cavity and allowing air to enter and exit the body at a normal rate.
The package contains one vented seal to effectively treat entrance wounds. A non-ventive, occlusive HALO dressing should be applied to treat exit wounds.
- Retains effectiveness when debris or residue are present
- Durable packaging maintains integrity when folded
- Large pull tabs make for easy removal
- Adhesive reseals after venting
- No mechanical vent to occlude
- No residue once removed
- No latex used in the manufacturing of the product
- Performs in temperatures up to 140°F
- 3-year shelf life
- Dimensions: 6.5 x 5.5
- Manufactured in U.S.
- Available in any quantity
How It Works
Clean and dry wound.
Remove one product from release liner.
Apply vented seal to wound adhesive side down.
Apply light pressure to assure adhesion.